Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Cooking and such

Someday I hope that I am able to build my kitchen so that it flows perfectly with the way that I cook. I love cooking. I love baking. I love when people sit around a table filled with the food that I make and talk and laugh and love what they are eating. I believe that deep down, I would love to be the retro housewife who donned the apron and cooked away the day. But in reality, it will probably happen a bit differently.

Even though I love cooking, I am definitely by no means even remotely close to being the type of chef that our mothers are. You know how we often make comments like "My mom makes the best *insert type of food here*!". I hope someday to get there.

Anyways, in the evenings in our house, when Noah is asleep, is when I find myself making odd things for Jonas and I to eat. I never use recipes, and always just throw stuff together and see how it turns out. Jonas is a great sport, and eats just about anything I make for him. And I just toss things like potatoes, green beans, cream of chicken soup, cheese, and chicken in a casserole dish for 20 minutes at 170C and see what happens. It's delicious of course.

This post is mostly just some mumbo jumbo about my love of creating random foods.

Tonight we had bagels turned into pizza, and man was it delicious.

Have you ever made up new recipes like this? Care to share them with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment